« Seven soups every Saturday: chicken soup recipes | Main | Recipe for creamy asparagus leek soup »

April 16, 2012

Soup lovers: please take a quick poll about slow cookers

Dear readers, please take a moment and let me know whether you own, or plan to buy, a slow cooker. (Now that I've fallen in love with slow cooker cooking, and figured out how energy efficient and budget friendly slow cookers are, I hope you have, too.) If we have enough slow cooker users, I might add a weekly slow cooker soup recipe on Soup Chick. Thanks so much for your help.

Comments

Posted by: Linda | April 16, 2012 at 09:55 AM

LOVE my slow cookers! LOVE to make soup in them! Everyone should get on the CROCKSOUP bandwagon! :)

Posted by: Barbara | April 16, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I own 3 (different sizes) and love them!
I'm amazed how many different things are better when slow cooked!

Posted by: SusanH | April 16, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I have three slow cookers. One is small that I have traditionally used for queso etc. and one is avocado green. I was gifted it in the seventies. I finally caved and recently purchased one when my kitchen was being remodeled and needed a way to cook rather than eating out every meal. Goodness - too bad I had not used one for the last 25 years. Hopefully, you will get enough responses to warrant a crockpot post -

Posted by: daf | April 16, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I'd love to see a weekly slow cooker recipe!

Posted by: Kalyn | April 16, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Very interesting! Even though I'm such a slow cooker fan, I am surprised that the numbers are so high.

Posted by: Mary-Rose | April 16, 2012 at 03:54 PM

Lydia, Looking forward to this offering.
Mary-Rose

Posted by: Adele in N. Minn. | April 16, 2012 at 04:29 PM

I have 2 and am planning on buying a third. I need the 4 quart size. I make all my stock in my 6 quart pot, after roasting my meat or bones or whatever I'm using, I just put it in the crock and let it simmer until it is done or I get around to taking care of it. Then I make almost all my soups in one of them, no stirring, no scorching, and soups or chili get better the longer they cook.

Posted by: alicia | April 16, 2012 at 07:26 PM

I love my slow cooker, there is nothing like coming home from work to dinner already cooked! Please post some slow cooker soup recipes so I can take more advantage of mine now that winter is coming!
Thanks! Alicia (from Australia)

Posted by: Lydia | April 16, 2012 at 07:49 PM

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback. I love that you love your slow cookers.

Alicia, there are slow cooker soups posted here, and you can find them by using the categories list in the left column. Enjoy!

Posted by: susan g | April 19, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I answered 'one,' my real, original Crockpot with the non-removable bowl. After entering, I realized, I have another tiny one, but it's so small! Maybe good for dips? roasted garlic? carmelized onions? Anyway, I seldom use the slow cookers but wouldn't give them up.

Posted by: CeltChick | April 19, 2012 at 02:00 PM

I answered "own one", but was it possible to choose more than one answer? I LUV my 6 qt crock, and would like to have a smaller one too--and almost bought one last weekend. I'm not totally committed to crock cooking (yet), but it sure is nice to make up a large entree, and use the leftovers in another dish! Two dinners for the work of one.