« Seven soups every Saturday: hearty vegetable soup recipes | Main | Recipe for winter tomato soup »

March 2, 2010

Welcome to Soup Chick

Fish tureen

If you're a fan of James Bond movies, you know all about the long lead-in. The title and opening credits appear onscreen after you've been watching the movie for a while and you're just starting to figure out who's who and what's what.

Soup Chick sprang to life two weeks ago, but I wanted to have enough to show you before the title and opening credits rolled.

Welcome to Soup Chick®, a blog about all things soup.

Hot soup, cold soup, budget-friendly soup, healthy soup, and to-die-for rich and creamy soup. Vegetarian soup and gluten-free soup. Soups from the slow cooker and some day, when I conquer my fear, pressure cooker soups. And soups from every corner of the world, because everyone, everywhere, makes soup.

You'll find seven soups every Saturday, from seven food blogs, to inspire your weekend shopping and cooking. From time to time, I'll write about cookbooks, soup pots, bowls and tureens, too.

If you're a soup lover, please bookmark or sign up for free updates by email or RSS feed, so you never miss a soup recipe. If you have a favorite soup to share, or would like me to post a recipe for a particular soup, please let me know in the comments or by email.

That's it.

Soup Chick®. All things soup. Mostly recipes.

I hope you like it.

Comments

Posted by: Meeta | March 2, 2010 at 02:52 AM

i am looking forward to discovering soup in a whole new way now! wishing you all the best lydia!

Posted by: Marcia | March 2, 2010 at 05:14 AM

Brilliant idea! This is a great resource. As usual not only your recipes, but also your photos are delicious.
Thank you!
Marcia

Posted by: T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types | March 2, 2010 at 05:25 AM

Welcome Soup Chick! You are a tasty addition to the blogosphere in this winter that will never end.

Posted by: Kalynskitchen | March 2, 2010 at 08:59 AM

I love the new blog and love, love, love, love, love that fish shaped soup tureen. Can't wait to see what soups you'll be making because I'm a soup fan!

Posted by: Diana's Cocina | March 2, 2010 at 09:25 AM

Awesome, awesome idea! I'm a soup lover! Can't wait to see whats coming up.

Posted by: katie | March 2, 2010 at 09:44 AM

I could easily live on soup - all shapes and sizes. One can never have too many soup recipes... Great idea!

Posted by: Kathy - Panini Happy | March 2, 2010 at 10:00 AM

How fun, Lydia! I'm definitely into making more soups these days. Looking forward to trying some new ones!

Posted by: Judy | March 2, 2010 at 10:07 AM

What could be better - a soup blog done by you, Lydia! I am looking forward to all that you will unfold (ladle out?)

Posted by: Janel | March 2, 2010 at 10:11 AM

What a wonderful new blog, Lydia! I love soup, so I can't wait to see what you have in store for this blog.

Posted by: Heidi | March 2, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Lydia, given how wonderful perfect pantry is, Soup Chick is bound to be great!

Posted by: Nupur | March 2, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Looking forward to reading this new blog of yours, Lydia! Soup recipes are always welcome around the year.

Posted by: Ted Chaloner | March 2, 2010 at 02:00 PM

You're a soup maven. I can't wait to taste your creations.

Posted by: The Cooking Ninja | March 2, 2010 at 02:17 PM

I love your fish soup dish. :) And I love your porcelain bowls too. They are gorgeous.

Posted by: Lydia | March 2, 2010 at 03:30 PM

Thanks, everyone! I'm so glad you stopped by. We are going to have a great time sharing soup recipes here.

Posted by: Joan Nova | March 2, 2010 at 07:07 PM

I actually don't make soup often enough. Perhaps Soup Chik will inspire me. Love the tureen.

Posted by: Louise | March 2, 2010 at 07:45 PM

I'm so glad I found you right away! I love soup and I'm glad I haven't missed a single one. I had the absolutely best beet soup at a new local restaurant last week and would love to be able to make something like it. It was somewhat creamy and full of herbs. I hope you've got something to suggest.

Posted by: Rhonda | March 3, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Congrats on yet another great blog. Soup, soup, beautiful soup. I always feel so self-reliant when I make soup from scratch or with whatever's sitting around. Can't wait to try some of your recipes.

Posted by: Sandie {Inn Cuisine} | March 3, 2010 at 01:24 PM

As a soup lover, I can't wait to see where you take this blog. Don't forget about dessert/fruit soups (yum!) and if you need any inspiration for pressure cooker soups, I always make my vegetable beef soup in the pressure cooker and it comes out wonderfully---such a time saver on busy days!

Raising my virtual glass to toast the grand opening of Soup Chick! Cheers!

Posted by: Maria | March 3, 2010 at 01:30 PM

Congrats on the new site. I look forward to reading your posts. I posted soup today, I am a big fan:)

Posted by: Jessica | March 3, 2010 at 01:30 PM

yummmmm....

Posted by: Carey | March 3, 2010 at 05:55 PM

Love the new site! Thank you and yum!

Posted by: Lydia | March 3, 2010 at 06:53 PM

Joan, I love the tureen, too. It reminds me that Soup Chick is all about soup, but also all about fun. Plus, I think it winks at me sometimes. I really do.

Louise, I'm on the case. Your soup sounds like borscht.

Rhonda, self-reliant is a good way to describe soup-making. Also frugal; I love using up bits of things and transforming them into something else.

Sandie, I absolutely have not forgotten dessert soups, especially for warmer weather. Of course I'll be on the lookout for a chocolate soup, too. And the pressure cooker.... well, keep encouraging me.

Maria, Jessica, Carey: Welcome to the wonderful world of soups! We're going to have a good time here.

Posted by: tigerfish | March 3, 2010 at 08:11 PM

What a good launch of a soup site! I love soups (mainly Chinese healing soups) and turning it to a weekly ritual and hopefully a daily ritual finally.

Posted by: Serena @ Seriously Soupy | March 3, 2010 at 08:12 PM

I am also a fellow soup lover and can't wait to read about your recipes and soup ideas. There can never be enough soup!

Posted by: Aimee | March 6, 2010 at 10:39 PM

I've subscribed, of course! Can't wait to read more, Lydia.

Congratulations.