« The Saturday Simmer: Pasta soup recipes | Main

May 10, 2014

The Soup Chick hangs up her ladle

The Soup Chick mascot!

Since 2010, we've made a lot of soups, shared a lot of recipes, and found the courage to toss whatever we have in the pantry into the stockpot, slow cooker or pressure cooker, secure in the knowledge that soup will emerge.

Now it's time for me to lug my Dutch oven, containers of frozen stock, and ladles back into The Perfect Pantry® kitchen, where I spend most of my time.

I know that many of you also follow The Perfect Pantry, and I've always posted  my original soup recipes there. I'll keep doing that, so please sign up for email updates if you don't already get them. I post soup recipes all year round, along with other recipes that combine what I have in my pantry with fresh ingredients from the markets and farm stands.

This site will remain available, so you can always dig into the archives to find any of the soup recipes, by using the search box on the right. Just type in the ingredient or recipe you'd like to find. Many of my original recipes (you can find them under The Big List of Soups, above) also have made an appearance on The Perfect Pantry, and many more will hop over there.

I'll keep our Facebook page active, so I can continue to share soups from other food bloggers. I often post favorite soup, stew and chili recipes on Pinterest.

You might also like my new bi-monthly newsletter, Tidbits, featuring good bits that don't make it to the blog.

So, please join me in The Perfect Pantry, where the Soup Chick will be hanging out, stirring the pot (so to speak), and having a grand time.

I've had a grand time here, with you, and I can't express how grateful I am that you've been here in the kitchen with me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Lydia

Comments

Posted by: KalynsKitchen | May 10, 2014 at 09:20 AM

I know the decision has been a long time coming, and that you're at peace with it. Thanks for all the soup ideas and tips.

Posted by: Lydia (Soup Chick) | May 10, 2014 at 09:25 AM

Thanks for all of your support, Kalyn. There will always be soups on The Perfect Pantry, and I hope folks will join us there.

Posted by: susan g | May 10, 2014 at 10:43 AM

My first thought was, don't let all those wonderful soups disappear! I'll be back for more. Meanwhile Lydia, you'll always be the Soup Chick to me. Thanks for all this inspiration.

Posted by: Lydia (Soup Chick) | May 10, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Aw, thanks, Susan. The soups won't disappear; they'll stay right here, even though I'll be wielding my ladle on the other blog. In fact, some of the soups you can also find on The Perfect Pantry, too.

Posted by: Heidi Hoerman | May 10, 2014 at 02:38 PM

Lydia, you are ever and always an internet gem! Soup chick has so much content in it that it will always be a go to place for ideas when soup beckons. Best wishes on all your continued ventures. You are a "quality content provider" and always will be. Your hard work is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY appreciated. I'm your devoted follower and admirer.

Heidi

Posted by: Judy Schatz | May 10, 2014 at 04:36 PM

I have really enjoyed Soup Chick, but as long as you don't close your Perfect Pantry, I'm happy. :-) Thanks for all the soup inspiration, Lydia!

BTW, have you watched "The Princess Bride?" It sounds as if you're looking for the new "Dread Pirate Roberts"..... :-) (And I mean that in the nicest way!)

xo

Posted by: Lydia (Soup Chick) | May 10, 2014 at 04:49 PM

Heidi, thank you so much. Please join me on The Perfect Pantry!

Judy, the soups aren't going away, and The Perfect Pantry will be around for a long, long time. You'll always find me there.

Posted by: Barbara Kirch | May 10, 2014 at 07:50 PM

Saturdays won't be the same without you! I loved your email each week and have discovered so many wonderful soups thanks to you!

Posted by: Lydia (Soup Chick) | May 10, 2014 at 08:18 PM

Barbara, so sweet -- thank you. Please come with me to The Perfect Pantry, and I promise you more soups there!

Posted by: sallybr | May 11, 2014 at 09:12 AM

Loved this site, but as Judy said, as long as! you stick around with Perfect Pantry, I will be happy!

thank you for the constant inspiration!

Posted by: Lydia (Soup Chick) | May 11, 2014 at 09:30 AM

Sally, I am absolutely sticking around! See you in The Perfect Pantry! Thank you so much.

Posted by: Linda | May 13, 2014 at 01:07 AM

This is VERY sad! I LOVE this blog. You can be sure I will continue with the Perfect Pantry, but I will miss Soup Chick VERY much.

Posted by: Lydia (Soup Chick) | May 13, 2014 at 06:02 AM

Linda, thank you so much. I'm posting original soup recipes on The Perfect Pantry, so please join me there.

Posted by: Jennifer | May 15, 2014 at 12:08 AM

Hello Lydia
Just wanted to let you know that you I am so glad I found your blog. I love trying your recipes and they have lead me to have a greater appreciation of the not so humble bowl of soup!!!
I have made many of your recipes that have been enjoyed by family and friends.
Jennifer (in sunny Western Australia)

Posted by: Lydia (Soup Chick) | May 15, 2014 at 05:43 AM

Jennifer, hope to see you over at The Perfect Pantry -- because I'll never stop making soup!

Posted by: CeltChick | May 15, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Wahh! I'll miss the Saturday Simmer, but as long as the recipes are still around I guess I'll live...and I will be following the Perfect Pantry. I wish I had the time to be the new Soup Chick, I do love a good soup! But I've got at least one too many hobbies as it is. Best wishes to you going on with Perfect Pantry.

Posted by: Lydia (Soup Chick) | May 15, 2014 at 07:02 PM

Thanks, CeltChick. The recipes will still be around, and my new soups will always be on The Perfect Pantry. See you there.