Need more recipe ideas?

« Taking the summer off | Main | And we're back, almost. »

August 12, 2013

Soup lovers, I'd love to know...

Hi everyone! Hope you are enjoying your summer.

As I plan for September, I'd love to know which day of the week is most often your soup-making day?

Please leave your answer in the comments below, and I'll see you in September.

PS: I'm a Sunday soup gal.

Comments

Posted by: McBoing Boing | August 12, 2013 at 07:51 AM

I like to engage in "Friday Night Foodapalooza," when I make a whole bunch of different foods--soup, a pot of beans, bread and other baked goods. Then we have ready-made food throughout the weekend, plus more in the freezer.

I miss your "Seven Soups Every Saturday," but I realize that placed an impossible burden on you. Never mind--whenever I'm in the mood for a new soup, I just browse your site.

Posted by: Lydia (Soup Chick) | August 12, 2013 at 07:54 AM

McB, thanks so much. I'm actually thinking of bringing back that "seven soups" feature.

Posted by: Tony Molledo | August 12, 2013 at 07:58 AM

Although it could be any day, as I make soup for dinner 2 or 3 times a week, Sunday is the day I get really inspired and make big batches.

Posted by: Lydia (Soup Chick) | August 12, 2013 at 08:01 AM

Tony, same here. Sunday seems to be the day I invent more "fridge dump" soups, and those are my favorites.

Posted by: Tony Molledo | August 12, 2013 at 08:14 AM

By the way, I also miss the 7 soups on Saturday posts. I have most of them tagged on delicious. Often they drove my Sunday soup making.

Posted by: Wild Child | August 12, 2013 at 09:00 AM

I love soups, and could make them any day of the week. Since you're asking for a day, I'll go with Sunday. In the Fall/Winter, it's usually more like 3 days per week. I'm a new subscriber, so I'm going back to check out this Seven Soups Saturday thing. Quite excited!!! Thank you for any recipes and everything that you share.

Posted by: Shirley @ gfe & All Gluten-Free Desserts | August 12, 2013 at 09:04 AM

It's usually the weekend for me, but can be either Saturday or Sunday. I did love your Seven Soups for Saturday, too, but I know how much work a simple roundup, especially on a regular schedule, can be.

Shirley

Posted by: Lydia (Soup Chick) | August 12, 2013 at 09:06 AM

Wild Child, welcome!

Shirley, thanks for your feedback. As you can see from earlier comments, I'm thinking about doing those round-ups again in the Fall.

Posted by: Barb Kirch | August 12, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I make soup any day of the week, but rainy days always inspire me to investigate new soup recipes!

When I make soup, I make big batches and freeze several containers, so that I can always have it on hand.

Posted by: Laurie Smith | August 12, 2013 at 10:10 AM

It will be Tuesdays this fall, as my husband will be at school late and not get home until 9 pm, so soups and stews are what he'll get. Looking forward to new ideas.

Posted by: Lydia (Soup Chick) | August 12, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Barb, I've often wished I could control the weather and time it with when I want to cook!

Laurie, he's a lucky man.

Posted by: jo | August 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM

saturday or sunday--then i have leftovers for the week

Posted by: Becky | August 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I make soup at least once a week. I would do it more if I could sneak that past my husband. I could just live on soups. When I was little I got to spend a week with my grandmother. My grandfather was a soup lover, too. So we got to eat soup for breakfast. It was AWESOME. I usually make soup on the weekend, probably Sat. afternoon. I have a great Columbian style chicken stock recipe I use and also an easy bean soup recipe.

Posted by: N Shah | August 12, 2013 at 11:16 AM

It is weekends for me. Gives me time to plan and prepare for the week. Thank you for the Seven Soup Saturday. I cannot freeze or make big batch due to space constraints and I end up look for ideas on your site every week.

Posted by: Lydia (Soup Chick) | August 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Jo, same for me.

Becky, why do we love soups so much, and our husbands don't??? My husband is getting better about soup, but it would never be his first choice.

N Shah, glad to know you like the seven soups feature. That's definitely in my plan for the Fall.

Posted by: gloria of Veghead etc. | August 12, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I too love to make vegetarian soup/stew on Sundays, but I also make them on Thursday mornings—an odd time, I know—because I take a big pot of whatever is in season to serve for lunch at my knitting/crocheting group. I'm very lucky to live in California where I have year-round farmers' markets that inspire and influence my one-pot creations.

Posted by: gloria of Veghead etc. | August 12, 2013 at 12:03 PM

P.S. My husband also is not a fan of soup, so I call mine "stews." :-)

Posted by: J | August 12, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I love making soup any day of the week but nothing beats a nice big batch of fresh soup on Sunday to share, enjoy and have ready for the new week ahead. When you are a soup love though you find ways to get your soup on any day of the week... at that point it really becomes soup first, everything else second. Smile.

Posted by: Lydia (Soup Chick) | August 12, 2013 at 12:05 PM

J, I can tell you are a true soup lover.

Gloria, very clever....

Posted by: mary beth | August 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Sunday morning!

Posted by: Lydia (Soup Chick) | August 12, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Mary Beth, thanks, that's my favorite time, too.

Posted by: Gayle Durkin | August 12, 2013 at 03:17 PM

I'm a Sunday soup maker. I work and usually plan one or two things I can make ahead for the week so when I do get home I'm not spending the entire evening in the kitchen. I love to cook and on a typical Saturday I do make something special for dinner that night to enjoy more leisurely. Soups are one of my all time favorite things to eat...endless possibilities and seasonal delights.

Posted by: Babs | August 12, 2013 at 04:57 PM

I generally make soup on Saturday or Sunday. I love to have leftovers all week or to freeze. However, any day will really do.

Posted by: Lydia (Soup Chick) | August 12, 2013 at 05:03 PM

Gayle, cooking one day for the whole week is the way to go.

Babs, soups made from leftovers are my favorite!

Posted by: Tobie | August 12, 2013 at 07:02 PM